Is to provide our customers with their Chicken of Choice.
Is to deliver chicken of choice wherever we operate, always exceeding our customers' expectations through outstanding product quality and efficient service
KENCHIC Limited is committed to:
1. Process, sell and distribute safe, healthy, and nutritious poultry products at the highest level of consumer satisfaction.
2. Improve the quality of our processed products through technological development.
3. Follow internationally recognized standards including the FSSC 22000 with the entire satisfaction of the local regulatory authority as well as Specific Kenyan Standards.
4. Ensuring that our products and processes have undergone relevant government inspection and approval by the Directorate of Veterinary Services, the Department of Public Health, the Kenya Bureau of Standards among others.
5. Ensuring our traceability system anchored on Kenchic’s Farm to Fork policy, is robust enough to maintain product quality and consumer satisfaction
6. Carry out monthly audits to ensure our farms and other suppliers meet our standards
7. Attend to customers' complaints through root-cause analysis.
8. Only use appropriate and approved raw materials to produce quality poultry products.
9. Strict adherence to Kenchic’s Antimicrobial Usage and Animal Welfare Policies in our production value chain.
10. Ensuring that we utilize processes and results from our in-house (ISO 17025 certified) laboratory to produce meat that is safe and wholesome for human consumption through monitoring of microbiological contamination, antibiotic residues and hygiene levels among other tests.
11. Ensuring our production adheres to Farms Initiative's Responsible Minimum Standards, the Better Chicken Welfare commitment and Kenchic's Animal Welfare Policy
12. Maintain a pollution-free working environment by adhering to NEMA and County regulations on waste disposal.
13. To communicate this policy and build up the skills of the employees through continuous training.
14. Facilitate third-party audits by our clients and Food safety organizations to ensure compliance to own and international standards
15. To ensure there is annual public non-financial reporting of food safety-related audit reports and related findings
Food Safety Objective
Kenchic Kenya Limited’s Food Safety Objective-(FSO) is to ensure that Kenchic products are safe wholesome and nutritious by:
1. Consistently producing quality and safe products that are free from physical, chemical, allergen and microbiological hazards by strictly enforcing our Farm to Fork Policy and the FSSC 22000 through laboratory monitoring.
2. Continuously train all employees on their role of processing safe and quality food products and communicate this policy in our endeavour to produce safe meat products. (Training records per department).
3. Ensure 100% success rate during mock recall drills carried out every 6 months
4. Ensuring the production environment is up to standard in controlling food safety hazards by attaining >90% in all GMP audits