British American Tobacco purchases the business from Kenya Poultry Development Company
Kenchic operations started after acquiring assets from BAT
Narresho breeder farm is constructed and starts operation.
Noosiyan breeder farm is constructed and starts operations
Kiwanja breeder farm is constructed and starts operations
Kisaju breeder farm is constructed and starts operations
Purchase and installation of Bucki incubators at the Athi river hatchery
- Kisaju breeder farm was converted to a broiler farm.
- Manera East breeder farm is constructed and starts operations.
- Relocation of Head Office from Libra House to Exsan House.
- Manera West breeder farm is constructed and starts operations.
- Installation of James Way incubators to expand business capacity to over 1million day-old chicks per week
February – first egg is set in the James Way incubators
Shift of Grand Parent operations to Zambia
Commissioning of a state of the art chicken processing facility in Ngoliba, Kiambu County
- Soysambu breeder farm is constructed and places the first flock in 2017.
- Kenchic closes the famed Kenchic Inns and opts to concentrate on the core business of processed chicken and day-old chicks
- Poultry center opened in Ruai.
- Poultry center opened in Ikinu, Kiambu.
- Poultry center opened in Mtwapa, Mombasa.
- Poultry center opened in Ruiru.
- The launch of first Kenchic self-run butchery at Diamond Plaza.
- Partnership with Chandarana to kick off in-store butcheries at Adlife Plaza, Two Rivers Mall, Rosslyn Riviera, Eldoret and Nanyuki branches.
- Introduction of marinated product range – including peri peri, lemon & herb and barbeque flavours
- Introduction of broiler chick vaccination at the hatchery for the Kenyan market.
- Kakuzi broiler farm starts operation.
- Kisaju broiler houses converted to semi EC(environmentally-controlled) houses.
- Launch of Buruburu and Hurlingham butchery.