In 2011 Kenchic was the first company in Kenya to attain Food Safety System Certification 22000 (FSSC 22000). Recently re-certified, Kenchic’s food safety compliance is now valid until 1st November 2020. FSSC 22000 is the most comprehensive food safety management system standard because it fully consist of the following ISO 22000:2005,ISO/TS 22002-1:2009 and additional FSSC 22000 requirements (version 4.1) and is recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative.
We see it as an essential component in our service delivery to all our customers and in particular to major branded food companies and retailers.Kenchic products are all Halal certified by the Muslim Council of Kenya. The Arabic word halal means ‘permissible’, and the rules of slaughter are based on Islamic law. In addition, Kenchic is current and compliant with the recommendations and requirements of all local statutory and regulatory bodies including NEMA, KEBS, OHS and Good Veterinary Practices.
The scope of the Certification
Kenchic produces poultry products which are offered for sale to the local markets. All operations are currently carried out in the Ngoliba Processing Plant. The scope of certification covers the entire Kenchic operation. The factory has planned, implemented, operates, maintains and updates a Food Safety Management System aimed at providing food products that, according to the intended use, are safe for the consumer.
Kenchic will from time to time evaluate and assess customer requirements and demonstrate conformity with those we agree to relate to food safety. The factory effectively communicates food safety issues to suppliers, customers and relevant interested parties in the food chain.
Food Safety And Quality Policy
At Kenchic we are committed to:
- Processing, selling and distributing safe, healthy and nutritious poultry products to produce the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Improving the quality of our processed poultry through continuous technological development.
- Following both specific Kenyan food standards and internationally recognized food standards to the satisfaction of the Local Regulatory Authority.
- Attending promptly and sincerely to customer complaints, and attempting to determine both the root cause and corrective action required.
- Using appropriate raw materials in the production of high-quality poultry products.
- Maintaining a pollution-free working environment.
- Building up the skills of our employees through continuous training.
Food Safety Management System Process
The process of implementing and retaining certification is spearheaded by the Kenchic Food Safety Team under the leadership of our Quality Assurance Manager. As a Group, They are highly qualified and technically trained to sustain and develop our systems. In addition, a strong Quality Assurance Department is in place to ensure compliance.
Kenchic’s Senior Management team ensures that such commitment forms part of Kenchic’scorporate strategy and lends strong support to all areas of quality improvement.