Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains the personal data Kenchic collects, how Kenchic processes it, and for what purposes. This statement should be read together with the Terms and Conditions of Use for other Kenchic products and services. Where there is a conflict, this statement will prevail. This statement applies to all customers, suppliers, agents, merchants, dealers and all visitors frequenting any of Kenchic premises.
2. Collection of Information
We collect your personal information with your knowledge and consent when you do any of the following:
- Purchase Kenchic product either online, a mobile device, at a Kenchic location or other retail outlet
- Ask Kenchic for more information about a product or service or contact Kenchic with a query or complaint
- Respond to or participate in a survey, marketing promotion, prize competition or special offer
- Visit, access or use Kenchic or third-party websites;
- We may collect your information when you interact with us as a supplier, agent, merchant or dealer as prescribed in this statement;
We do not onboard minors (any person under 18 years of age) except where you additionally register on their behalf as their parent and/ or legal guardian. If you allow a child to use our services, you should be aware that their personal information could be collected as described in this statement.
3. What information is collected?
The information we collect and store about you includes but is not limited to the following:
- Your identity, including your name, photograph, address, location, phone number, email address, and mobile number
- The GPS location of your farm or enterprise
- Your credit or debit-card information, information about your bank account numbers and SWIFT codes or other banking information.
- Your transaction information when you use mobile money to purchase a service
- Your contact with us, such as when you: call us or interact with us through social media, postal mail, email (we may record your conversations, social media or other interactions with us).
- Your call data records: phone numbers that you call or send messages to (or receive calls and messages from), log of calls, messages or data sessions on the Kenchic network and your approximate location (save for customer service interactions as noted above we do not record or store message or call contents).
- We maintain a register of visitors in which we collect and keep your personal data such as names, company/institution details, telephone number, vehicle registration details and National ID number. This information is collected for health, safety and security purposes.
4. Use of Information
We may use and analyze your information for the following purposes:
- Processing products and services that you have bought from Kenchic or from third parties on our e-commerce platforms;
- Billing you for using our or third-party products or services or taking the appropriate amount of credit from you;
- Responding to any of your queries or concerns;
- Verifying your identity information through publicly available and/or restricted government databases in order to comply with applicable regulatory requirements;
- Keeping you informed generally about agronomy information through newsletters, unless you opt out of receiving such messages (you may contact Kenchic at any time to opt out of receiving marketing messages or newsletters);
- To comply with any legal, governmental or regulatory requirement or for use by our lawyers in connection with any legal proceedings;
- In business practices including to quality control, training and ensuring effective systems operations;
- To protect our network including to manage the volume of calls, texts and other use of our network;
- For research, statistical, survey and other scientific or business purposes;
- Administer any of our online platforms, mobile apps, or websites.
5. Lawful Basis for processing your information
We will process your personal information based on any of the lawful basis provided for under the Data Protection Law:
- The performance of a Product/Service Agreement with you;
- Kenchic’ legitimate business interests;
- Compliance with a mandatory legal obligation;
- Consent you provide;
- Public interest;
- Your vital interest.
6. Retention of Information
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
Anonymized information that can no longer be associated with you may be held indefinitely.
7. Direct Marketing
You may be required to opt in or give any other form of explicit consent before receiving marketing messages from us.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by writing to us or logging into our website, www.Kenchic.com and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences or by following the optout links on any marketing message sent to you or by attending to us or contacting us at any time through the provided contacts.
We may store some information (using “cookies”) on your computer when you visit our websites. This enables us to recognize you during subsequent visits. The type of information gathered is non-personal (such as: the IP address of your computer, the date and time of your visit, which pages you browsed and whether the pages have been delivered successfully.
We may also use this data in aggregate form to develop customized services -tailored to your individual interests and needs. Should you choose to do so, it is possible (depending on the browser you are using), to be prompted before accepting any cookies, or to prevent your browser from accepting any cookies at all. This may, however, cause certain features of the web site not to be accessible
This Service may contain links to other sites. If you click on a third-party link, you will be directed to that site. Note that these external sites are not operated by us.
10. Safeguarding and Protection of Information
Kenchic has put in place technical and operational measures to ensure integrity and confidentiality of your data via controls around: information classification, access control, cryptography, physical and environmental security and monitoring and compliance.
11. Your rights
Subject to applicable data privacy laws:
- You have the right to correct any personal information we hold on you that is inaccurate, incorrect, or out of date.
- You have the right to request that we stop processing your personal information if this processing causes or is likely to cause unwarranted substantial damage or distress.
- You have the right to request that we stop processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- You may have the right to confirm which of your personal information we possess and to request the identity of any third parties who have access to this information.
- You have the right to request that any decision which significantly affects you is not based solely on automated decision making.
13. Contact Us