A scrumptious dish that originated in South Africa but has won the hearts of every Kenyan!
Serve With: fries/ roast potatoes
- Kenchic 500g boerewors
- 2 green peppers, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 4 plump cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 8 fairly small tomatoes
- pinch crushed dried chili flakes (optional)
- 30 ml sunflower oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC.
- Arrange the green peppers, onions, garlic and tomatoes in a medium-sized ovenproof dish.
Sprinkle the chili flakes on top. Add the oil and mix. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Brown the boerewors , twisted into 10 cm lengths, rapidly in a little oil in a heavy-based saucepan, remove from the pan and arrange on top of the vegetables.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the boerewors and vegetables are done. (Brown under the oven grill if necessary.)
- serve warm/hot with chips
Copyright@ 2022 Kenchic.com