Honey Mustard Drumsticks
This family-friendly meal won't break the budget but will please the taste buds!
Serve With: Chips, Rice
- 12 Kenchic chicken drumsticks with skin
- ½ cup liquid honey
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. sunflower oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Sunflower oil to grease grill
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients to marinade the chicken. Reserve 1/4 cup of the mix (60ml) for basting later.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Place rinsed chicken in a large re-sealable plastic bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken, seal the bag and mix to ensure the legs are evenly coated with the marinade.
- Marinate 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Once chicken has marinated, prepare barbeque for indirect medium heat (175°C) leaving one side on and one side off. Oil the grill to prevent sticking.
- Place chicken on the grill over the side with no heat (indirect medium heat), turning the drumstick every 3-4 minutes, brushing with the reserved marinade.
- Cook for approximately 15-20 minutes or until chicken is crispy and cooked through. Chicken is done when the juices run clear.
- Remove chicken from the grill, let rest for 5 minutes and serve.
Copyright@ 2021 Kenchic.com