Chicken Tortilla soup
This recipe has been a huge hit with everyone who has ever tried it.
Serve With: rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- A pack of Kenchic chicken soup
- 2 limes, juiced, plus wedges for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 8-inch flour tortilla, grilled, cut into thin strips
- 1 avocado, pitted, sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- In a large saucepan heat the vegetable oil. Add the onions and cook for 2 minutes. Once the onions have softened add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Pour the chicken broth, tomatoes and beans into the pot and bring to a boil. Once at a boil lower heat to simmer and add your chicken breasts.
- Cook the chicken for 20 to 25 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked remove from pot. When cool enough to handle shred it and set it aside. Add lime juice and fresh cilantro to the pot.
- In a serving bowl add a mound of shredded chicken. Ladle soup over chicken and top with a lime wedge, grilled tortilla strips, avocado slices and cheese.
Copyright@ 2019 Kenchic.com