Zesty lemon chicken
Delicious and tasty boneless chicken that will have your family licking their fingers wanting more.
Serve With: vegetables
- 6 boneless, skinless Kenchic chicken breasts
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. grated lemon peel
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large, re-sealable plastic bag, combine chicken breasts and lemon juice. Squeeze air out and seal. Refrigerate overnight, turning once to make sure the chicken is fully coated.
- Remove chicken from bag, reserving 2 tablespoons of marinade, and drip dry.
- Combine flour, salt, paprika and pepper in a different re-sealable plastic bag. Shake until well mixed. Put chicken breasts in the bag and shake to coat evenly.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté the breasts until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer in a large baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with lemon peel and brown sugar.
- Mix chicken broth with the reserved 2 tablespoons marinade and pour around chicken. Place a thin lemon slice on top of each breast and sprinkle with minced parsley.
- Bake at 180°C for 25 minutes or until tender.
Copyright@ 2022 Kenchic.com